It’s been challenging to find something new to do each day. Everyone tells me that it’s too ambitious or impossible to do something new EVERY day. So, lately I’ve been searching the internet, reading blogs and searching for some inspiration. It’s so amazing how many talented people there are in this world…I really love discovering something new or someone new (via blogging).
While I really don’t do anything significant on a daily basis, I like the fact that I’m at least trying. It’s opening my mind up and I’m learning so many new things, reading about others who are doing amazing things and this whole project is really just opening me up to a world I really didn’t notice before. There are days that I get discouraged or disappointed in myself that I’m not doing some AMAZING thing today, but I have to remind myself that in just a little over a week, I’ve already come so far…tried a few new recipes, learned a couple of things about myself, etc. The constant search for something new everyday is already changing my life…I think I somehow feel more connected with the bigger picture. Just to see there are other people feeling the same way you do and/or you see how people are making a difference in the world whether making change for a cause or just contributing to the world with their artistic, creative gifts…This project has really opened my eyes and I’m really starting to notice the world around me. It’s as if my own “problems” were weighing my head down that I never noticed all the wonderful things that are going on all around me, all over the world..
Today, I was lucky to stumble upon a wonderful post on the blog Marc and Angel Hack Life. They posted 50 questions that will free your mind..for today’s new activity, since I don’t want to bore everyone with my answers, I randomly picked 5 questions to ponder & write about…
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I cut my pancakes like a pizza..I like them in slices.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? I’ve always defined success by money, titles, degrees, etc. Growing up, I always envisioned myself climbing the corporate ladder, which would bring great success aka money & a title. Working in the corporate world, I’ve come to realize that it all comes at a cost…what am I willing to sacrifice for that money and title? Not much…so it’s time for me to move on and define success in a different way and find what’s right for me.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? yes, right around this time, I thought my world was crumbling down on me. An ex bf…haha I’m glad I can laugh about it, which means no, it doesn’t matter at ALL any more.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? I would dress a lot more crazier and take more risks fashionably.
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I like to think that I’m starting to make them for myself….
Monday, May 15, 2012 CML Activity:
- exercise my brain and face 50 questions – completed 5/15/12